Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Just a sample of the correspondence we have to have on a regular basis with this place


"An update on the rest of the building this week:
-the bathroom light completely blew out finally after much flickering, that's why I said in my snag list that it was flickering, hoping Upper East Side would fix it.
-The lift was in-operational last night and many of the tenants were yelling at each other banging on the steel doors to 'stop jamming the lift', it was kind of like a prison movie with people on several levels yelling and banging on the steel. I figured that it had to be construction workers, whom still bang on things past 5pm (despite the Body Corporate Rules), because it was on the 6th floor for over 15 minutes (this was the only operational lift) and the stairs were closed off. Then the lift zoomed down to the -1 floor without stopping anywhere else which I've discovered that you can only do with a builder key. It was strange though because it was at about 630pm and they should be cleared out the building each night at 5pm, but I think some of them live here now because they often are here way past hours.
-Though I'm all for getting along with all walks of life, it's kind of a nuisance when the construction workers try to pick you up in the mornings and in the evenings while they shower with the door open and strip down to their underwear in plain sight, and I'm really hoping the developer will perhaps tell them it's inappropriate to say 'Hey mommie' and 'hey girl' to residents, not to mention running around past my car while I'm unlocking the doors. So I've been parking in a different spot because it's actually quite scary as this is how I was hijacked once upon a time.
-Also, the lake that floods the parking lot every day is still a problem, but I have a SUV so I'm okay, but I'm surprised the developer hasn't sorted it out yet, it's kind of funny the residents here affectionately refer to as "Lake Victoria East", and then when it rains it's "Upper Victoria Falls", because it seriously comes down from the ceilings in the garage.
-There's still no recycling in the building, even though it was advertised as a Green Building but I don't think much goes to waste as on trash days there are many homeless people milling around the building going through the trash, so I guess it's recycling in it's own way.
-The new entrance finally opened up last week and it's nice because you don't need any card to get into that one because every time I've used it there's been no security and the boom is always up so I'm not stuck waiting 20 minutes waiting for a security guard to let me out like what happened before, when I literally had a plane to catch.
-I do worry that the hot water still takes a long time to come on because I think I'm being quite wasteful running it till it gets hot. The pressure in the shower head is also really bad so with your permission I'd like to take the restrictor off and maybe that will fix it. The drain is getting a little worse in the shower but I'm going to get the right tools this week and I'll see if I can fix it on my own.
-Also, I cleaned the heck out of this place the past few days and somehow underneath the sink it still smells like mold. It's actually where the dishwasher space is in the cabinetry, so I've blocked off the open holes for the ports with some plastic and I'll see if that isolates the smell and then we'll know if it's from this kitchen sink or from the plumbing behind the drywall which I think it might be.
-Additionally, there was a strange puddle in the corner by the sliding glass door of water, I checked where it might have come in and the whole window door frame was damp but since I got home after it had been raining I couldn't tell it's point of origination, so just an FYI I'll be investigating this more and connecting with the maintenance people here to have them fix the damp issues, which are plentiful in this building."


And still many of these issues are a problem. This correspondence was from the end of June, 2010.

No comments: