Monday, August 2, 2010

Redefine hosts Open Forum/Happy Hour this Wednesday @ 6pm, be heard!

Submitted yesterday:

My Fellow Residents,

I have received contact from the various parties over the weekend and today. For the sake of brevity, I will keep this short, but the following has occurred...

1.) I have filed with the Rentals Tribunal for a laundry list of problems with my documented attempts of resolution.

2.) I have been contacted by the Body Corporate and builder (someone named Miguel/Michael?) from what he says is the company that is the developer, etc. but they basically contact me to argue with me. I can provide more details of these conversations/emails if anyone would like.

3.) The owner of the unit I am in, won't amicably release me from my lease obligations and I've already filed for various formal complaints and Health Hazards that occur in the unit. Simultaneously this Miguel guy said I must go ahead with the Rentals Tribunal. Seems like they really want a full throttle event.

4.) Most all of my communication with any person representing Upper East Side has been confrontational, argumentative, and overall rude. Which I think is uncalled for and just shocking considering they are completely at fault in all of these matters and grievances we have brought to their attention. I advised this Miguel/Michael that if he wanted to get to the bottom of this he must host an Open Forum for the residents to air their grievances. He rudely INSISTED that he meet with only me, as to suggest that somehow I am more important than the other residents because I have been making the noise. As a member of UES Help Desk, I will not just be taking a kick back in trade for silence. All Residents must have the opportunity to be sorted.
----
So even after I have been told by UES to go ahead and take it to the Tribunal, as if they have no fear of South African Democratic Process, showing a lack in our Provincial Government. And after I have been told by UES that they have no interest in hosting an open forum for residents to air grievances, because "Why would we go looking for problems?" and all of our problems are "Open for Interpretation". And after all parties involved have missed deadlines repeatedly, (I know, it seems to never end) we have been contacted by a representative of Redefine. It appears amidst the fog of poor manners and unprofessional behaviour there is hope. She has said, on behalf of Redefine that they would like to host an Open Forum.

This Resident Open Forum will provide Redefine an opportunity to hear Resident Grievances and be provided an opportunity to, if you are interested, offer an explanation. Most importantly, we must be bringing a list of problems and if we can think of solutions those as well. i.e. My apartment is filthy because of the construction dust and damp here, please provide us with (as another Resident I see here suggested) a basket of eco-friendly cleaning supplies to offset my time and hassle.

Things to note: it appears this is going to be the opportunity to best utilize the purpose of UES Help Desk. In my experience we need to be forthright about what we want and how we want it done so that should anyone take their grievances further we can show for the record how we have tried to mediate the situation ourselves. Allow them to dig their hole with their rudeness and apathy should they choose to continue to behave this way.

My contact from Redefine has said that many of the issues we have blogged about have been mostly attended to and are being attended to early this week in completion and since she's been the only polite one in the bunch I tend to give her the benefit of the doubt. Therefore, I know many of you will not have a need to attend if your issues are sorted. However please note that if you do not attend you will not be considered part of the group bargaining collective and any sort of agreements we reach will only be afforded to Residents that participate. If you are unable to attend but would like your list to be attended to, you must submit your list to UESHelpDesk@gmail.com by Wednesday at 4pm.

The meeting is scheduled for Wednesday at 6pm, the location will on-site at UES, we shall meet downstairs in the lobby, there will be FREE drinks courtesy Redefine, we hope to settle all of this over a glass of wine among friends.

Well Done UES Help Desk Team, this is how we make a difference!

No comments: