Monday, February 21, 2011

Letter to residents still stuck at UES

Hello world, I still get a lot of emails from residents telling me their unique situations anonymously, asking for help, and fearful of what big, bad Grid Co will try to do to them as they have threatened other residents with legal action (to say the least).

Residents of UES must stand together and rely on each other for help. You must not lose faith as this is bigger than just some crappily built flat that's hardly up to code erected by some joke of a builder and dishonestly marketed by insanely ignorant wanna-be estate agents.

This sort of service delivery and unethical business practices should NOT be tolerated in South Africa.

Don't forget there are additional resident-run assistance groups that have risen out of the ashes of this scorched Earth dumping ground of a living premises. Keep emailing in your problems and WE HAVE PEOPLE READY TO HELP YOU!

Stay strong residents,
UES Residents' Activist Team

1 comment:

Retrinquest said...

I wish you all the best in fighting this ugly beast and improving your living conditions. I was drugged and raped as my girlfriend lay next to me, also drugged, by either Ryan or Denny from apartment 514 during 2008. We both woke up while it was happening. We moved out shortly after this occurred. I am only taking action now because the two of us have been working through and piecing together repressed memories and physiological evidence, so horrible that neither of us wanted to face it or admit our experiences to each other until recently. I am now looking for these men, as I have learned that they no longer reside at UES. Anyone with information of their contact details, current address or workplaces please contact me by this poster's name at gmail in the interests of justice, decency and human rights.